Thursday 21 January 2016

Have I eaten my notes?

        Hello everyone! I am sorry I have been out of the blogging world. As I mentioned in my previous post, exams are coming, and now we are on the final countdown. But please: We should not panic, and we should not run, specially because the temperature is low, and the probabilities of a falling-ice injury is quite high. Lets relax and enjoy this last days of good old stress.

         Right now we are facing two subjects that-thankfully-have a couple of topics that overlap between each other. The only difference between European Competition Law and Economics of Competition Law is clearly the perspective by which we face the issues. Whereas in Comp. Law we will be more inclined to discuss EU Guidelines and case law, in the Economic’s subject we try to explain what and how does, (for example) collusion takes place, and what are the economic mechanisms that fuel this type of phenomena. 
          In other words, Economics gives us the engine and component parts of it, and  European Competition Law is how to keep the car running at an optimal speed (say, consumer welfare). I would have used a bike in the analogy, but its just too cold for it.
    These past few days have been quite nice...you can never get tired of spending time at the study rooms in Spinoza, staying there long enough to find out how to turn on the lights when the sun (?) goes down. Of course we did more than just studying: eating almost anything that was on the table. Sometimes my classmates and I wondered if we were actually studying or having a long lunch. This reminds me of the fact that, as students is very important to -at least try- to be healthy and eat properly. Burning your brain will not help, this is a Master in which memory is not vital, but reasoning is. The only way to keep reasoning is to be healthy.
    I promise I will keep on blogging, after the exams everything will be back to normal. Happiness will fill the classrooms and we will try to unlock our icy bikes with a smile on our face. Lets keep ourselves strong and think this is one small step for us students, a huge step for humanity. Future World Leaders, I need to read Guidelines. See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment